CLICK HERE TO OPEN NAV BAR
Ltherapeutic.com

Welcome to my blog. The goal of this site is to pretty much have fun while sharing my knowledge of health and financial, physical, spiritual, and environmental wellness. I invite you to make your comments and enjoy the resources you will find here. I don't claim to know it all so I do look forward to learning from you as well.

July 06, 2005

Recognizing General Anxiety Disorder

As I drove down the dreary road on my way home from a hard and challenging day at work I suddenly had a feeling come over me. It was one I have felt before. My chest grew tight, I started to sweat, as before my head then began to ache. I could not think straight. I was getting an anxiety attack. But why? Unfortunately I could not and still can't pin point what specifically could have triggered this. Frustrating? Yes, it sure is.
Many people have felt this way and suffer from anxiety disorders. Does not make us different than anyone else.

Here is an article from Forbes.com about what I have illustrated above:

Health Tip: Recognizing Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Angela Meadows
(HealthDay News) -- Are you constantly worrying about your health, finances, family or career?
If you've spent at least six months fretting excessively about a number of everyday problems, you may be experiencing Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), says the National Institute of Mental Health. It's a condition that affects about 4 million American adults.
People with GAD are consumed with worry, even when there's no apparent trigger. It's much more than the normal anxiety associated with daily life. People with GAD find it hard to dismiss their worry, even when they know it's more than the situation warrants.
GAD is often accompanied by physical symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, muscle tension and muscle aches. You may also find you have difficultly relaxing, concentrating or sleeping, and you may startle more easily than others.
But constant worry needn't be a way of life. GAD is often treated with medication. The condition typically occurs in conjunction with another anxiety disorder, depression or substance abuse, which will need treatment, as well.


Blog Ads by Chitika



Posted by JD Lusan |


« Home | Have a happy July 4th! » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 



We're Having A Baby!

 © Ltherapeutic.com 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger